Alimony Modifications In Massachusetts

At Koiles Pratt Family Law Group, we have assisted both alimony payors and recipients to change original alimony judgments. Our proven track record in alimony modifications is one reason why so many of our former clients and outside professionals refer countless cases to our office every year.

If you are seeking a modification to alimony, our lawyers can work with you one-on-one to evaluate your options and possible outcomes. However, before you visit our Salem office for your case assessment, there are two things you should know about requesting a spousal support change:

When Alimony Judgments Can Be Modified

You may request a modification to alimony amounts, payment schedules or a termination of the order in its entirety under the following circumstances:

  • There has been a change in either parties' income.
  • Alimony recipient lives with a partner or has since remarried.
  • Your alimony payments have reached the durational limits under the statute.
  • Other material changes warrant a modification.

How To Request A Change To Spousal Support

If you and your spouse agree that a judgment or order should be adjusted, you may file a Joint Petition with the court. If you and your spouse disagree, you must file a Complaint for Modification of Alimony. If you wish to adjust the alimony amounts, you are also required to file a financial statement. If you wish to avoid litigation, changes to alimony may also be settled through mediation.

Hire A Trusted Litigator And Mediator

Not only are our attorneys successful litigators, but they are also renowned mediators throughout Massachusetts. We have the experience necessary to defend your rights in and out of the courtroom throughout the alimony modification process.

If you are ready to take action, contact a lawyer at 978-744-7774 to get answers to your questions today. You may also send us a message and request a case assessment online. We represent clients throughout the greater Boston area in Essex, Middlesex and Suffolk County.