Do You Need To Change An Existing Order?

A divorce agreement or judge's findings will include orders concerning child support, child custody, visitation, spousal support and property division. These orders are not necessarily final, however. When a significant change in circumstances occurs, you can seek to modify a family law order.

At Koiles Pratt Family Law Group, we regularly go to court on behalf of clients who want to modify existing child support, visitation and spousal support orders. We also represent people who want to prevent modifications or obtain modifications on different terms.

Contact our firm today for a case assessment with an attorney.

Child Support Modifications

Common reasons for seeking a modification of a child support order include a significant change in the income of one of the parents and a change in a child's educational or health care needs.

Our firm also has experience in cases involving parents who are self-employed or who attempt to hide income to avoid payment of child support. When there is a support order and the other parent is not abiding by it, our firm can seek to enforce the order through a contempt petition.

Changing Child Custody And Visitation Orders

Our attorneys often represent clients who wish to change child custody and visitation orders. In some cases, we can negotiate workable solutions that accommodate the needs of both parents. If necessary, we will go to court to protect your rights.

Contact A Lawyer

For a case assessment about a family law order modification, contact our firm online or call 978-744-7774. From our Salem office, we represent clients throughout the greater Boston area.